DevOps is one of the software development methodologies used to develop software solutions. There’s a multitude of methodologies out there; however, DevOps, because it involves development and operation synchronously, leaves no space for errors and complaints. Because of consistent testing on each step of development, developers can assess the glitches and fix them with ease.
DevOps is an excellent software development methodology; however, to leverage its optimal potential, you need to know and choose the right DevOps programming language and appropriate tool. You’re pondering over how to know which programming languages to choose for DevOps, aren’t you? Fret not! In this article, we’ll discuss the top 5 best programming languages for DevOps!
Let’s dig deeper!
5 Best Programming Language For DevOps In 2024
- Performance— When it comes to performance, Java excels in terms of runtime execution, making it an excellent alternative for building enterprise applications.
- Platform Compatibility— Java is a platform-independent technology that follows the “write once and use anywhere” principle.
- Ease of Learning— Thanks to its object-oriented paradigm, Java has an easy learning curve. Besides, once you’ve gained mastery, it provides robust competencies.
- Scalability— Java is highly scalable; hence, it’s an excellent choice for enterprise application development.
- Developer’s Community— When it comes to community, Java tends to have a wider community of developers.
Next up, we’ve PHP, one of the most popular open-source DevOps programming languages for web development. Developers make use of PHP for building web applications. PHP is an excellent alternative for building static as well as dynamic web solutions. Furthermore, with PHP, you’ll be able to integrate widgets, social media channels, and payment processors.
- Performance— When it comes to performance, PHP provides moderate performance— as it focuses more on web development and dynamic web pages.
- Platform Compatibility— PHP is a cross-platform programming language for building different kinds of software solutions for various platforms.
- Ease of Learning— PHP tends to have an easy learning curve, especially for beginners.
- Scalability— PHP may be an appropriate fit for web applications but may require careful planning when there’s a large project.
- Developer’s Community— PHP owns a more comprehensive developer’s community to help those who need it.
Now, we’ve Python, one of the 5 best programming languages for DevOps, to build groundbreaking software solutions. Python adapts to various use cases and environments, making it an excellent choice for DevOps engineering. The programming language is versatile and compatible across Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms. Moreover, Python can be implemented for native web development and machine learning as well.
- Performance— Python offers moderate performance that suits the majority of tasks but may not be an ample choice for computationally intensive needs.
- Platform Compatibility— Python is a platform-independent programming language that makes it compatible with various platforms, including macOS, Linux, and Windows.
- Ease of Learning— The scripting languages tend to have a clear and readable syntax that makes it convenient to learn and an appropriate preference for DevOps developers.
- Scalability— When it comes to scalability, Python becomes moderate. It tends to work well with medium-sized projects but is more likely to encounter challenges with large ones.
- Developer’s Community— Python has a broader community of developers to help its users in need.
Last but not least! Ruby is one of the excellent examples of DevOps scripting languages. It automates the repetitive tasks of software development and eases the same. This is why an Angular development company likes to employ it. Ruby is an excellent DevOps programming language for web development, unit testing, etc. Have a look at the pointers below to expand your knowledge about Ruby!
- Performance— Ruby is moderate in terms of performance.
- Platform Compatibility— Ruby is a platform-agnostic programming language capable of building software solutions for various platforms.
- Ease of Learning— The very programming language is convenient to learn, especially for beginners.
- Scalability— However, Rupy handles different applications, so it may need attentive consideration in terms of scalability.
- Developer’s Community— You’re more likely to find a mediocre developer’s community but with a strong presence in scripting as well as automation when it comes to Ruby.
That’s all there’s to it! This article explored the top 5 programming languages for DevOps engineers for DevOps development. We discussed and thoroughly examined their traits, including performance, platform compatibility, ease of learning, scalability, and the developer’s community. Hopefully, you’ve got all your questions answered! So, it’s time to hire Angular JS developers and build an application using AngularJS for your business.